Monday, April 18, 2011

I ♥ Television (part 1)

I am currently working on a post about the federal debates that happened last week, but for now, TELEVISION!! Because that's all I have been doing: watching television, surfing the net, drinking my food and complaining about the pain in my mouth. I really should be studying for my Spanish exam in two days, but why would I when television is so much more interesting :) So here are some of my faves in various interchangeable categories.

Favourite Canadian Show
Canada has produced some awesome shows over the years. These ones are the ones I like that I can remember. 
 
- Republic of Doyle - about a private investigator in Newfoundland. Very good.  
- InSecurity - A comedy about a fictional gov't agency
- Radio Free Roscoe - fantastically fantastic pre-teen/teen drama set in Manitoba that went on for 2 seasons
- Corner Gas - Probably the most known Canadian comedy show about a gas station in Saskatchewan
- Little Mosque on  the Prairie - what it sounds like
- 18 to Life - the lives of two 18 year olds who get married

Favourite British Show
Not like I watch a lot of them... 
- Doctor Who (of course!) - new season starts Saturday!! (click here for trailer)
- Misfits - pure awesomeness!

Favourite Comedy/Sit-Com
- Psych - funniness involving a "physic" detective and his best friend in Southern California
- Community - Probably the funniest/strangest thing on T.V. now
- The Big Bang Theory

Favourite Off Air Show
- Star Trek (TNG, DS9 and Voyager)- I love me some Star Trek. The new movie was great too.

Favourite 80s Show
- Golden Girls - I  watched every single episode in the fall on YouTube and am re-watching them now on television. Those girls are hilarious. Who knew old age could be so fun!

Favourite 90s Show
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - Will Smith =
- Saved by the Bell

Favourite Sci-Fi Show
- Being Human (U.S.) - I plan to watch the original British version about this ghost, vampire and werewolf, once I finish this season.
- Torchwood - The move to America better not ruin this show!!  After 3 seasons of awesome British-ness, I have expectations!!

AGENT P!!! (Phineas and Ferb)

Favourite Children's Show
- The Imagination Movers - Fantastic show involving music and Brainstorming!
- Arthur - a classic of course
- Phineas and Ferb - if you have not seen this, shame on you!! It's the best animated Disney show in a LONG time. It is great for literally alllll ages, with some catchy musical numbers
- Life with Derek - a Canadian show about a blended family  
- Wingin' It - Another Canadian show involving a high school student and his guardian angel 

 As you can probably tell, I watch too many shows… Any recommendations for a new Sci-Fi show? I'm think Battlestar Galactica or one of the Star Gates, but I'm not sure…. 

♥ Turtles

5 comments:

  1. hey ;) i read on your profile that you like NCIS so why isn't it on your list? or is it just not yet on in? ;)

    i blog about NCIS so I thought you might like my blog:
    http://thesunnysideup-ff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that show, but yeah, it's in part 2. I didn't want to make this post too long. Heading over to your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You watch 18 to life tooo?!

    -Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you like Psyche (one of my faves) you might like White Collar. I don't watch a lot of sci-fi but another good show is Merlin from BBC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen some episodes of Merlin. I like it. I'll look into White Collar. Now that I'm done school I'll lots of time to watch new shows :)

    ReplyDelete