Friday, April 15, 2011

Wisdom Teeth

A few hours ago I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. It was my first surgery (and hopefully my last). I wasn't really scared until I was sitting in a room, with two nurses, an anesthesiologist and an oral surgeon. The lovely Hispanic nurse was making jokes trying to calm me down while the anesthesiologist was sticking a needle into my arm and the other nurse was arranging my bib. What fun that was. -_-

The possible ways they can grow in.
Before hand I had to read and sign a sheet explaining everything that could happen. I was a bit freaked out, because it reminded me of the drug commercials where they tell you every possible side effect before you even know if you qualify for the drug, which makes me wonder why you would take it in the first place.

Next thing I know, I'm in a different room, slowly gaining consciousness while sitting on a bench. I was weak, couldn't talk and everything was fuzzy. My mouth felt weird and sore and I couldn't stand up. But as I slowly come too, I realized that it felt like barely anytime has passed. It had been almost an hour, but felt like less than five minutes to me.

About 15 mins later, I was well enough to walk out and head home. My dad had to drive me because they could not realize me on my own. So now I am sitting on my bed, listening to the new Jessie J album and biting on four pieces of gauze, trying to stop the bleeding. It's not really working, considering there's still blood everywhere. I haven't eaten in over 12 hours, and can't until I stop bleeding. The whole bottom half of my mouth is numb and taking pills is a hassle. But it's all good. I'm just chilling while my dad is getting a blender and more gauze.

I've heard horror stories from my friends, classmates and dad about problems, complications, dry cavities, swelling and broken stitches. I'm still worried something might happen, but I grateful everything has gone well so far. I had to get my teeth out because they were crowding my other ones, pushing them together. There wasn't enough room for them and I have to get braces as well :( But now I'm going to sit back, dream of smoothies, and catch up on my Good Wife. :)

♥Turtles.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. It feels like a big doozy once you regain your consciousness, after getting your teeth pulled out by the dentist. Go get some rest, and try to relax for a while. The aftermath of getting your wisdom teeth removed is often far from pleasant. But that time will soon pass you by, so you might as well try to relax.

    ReplyDelete