Friday, July 8, 2011

Library Sales

I was at the library today paying some unreasonably high late fines (they ban your borrowing privileges once you reach a certain limit -_-), and when I was done, I walked over to my favourite section: Books for sale!! (it's labelled with that exact enthusiasm). I don't know if a lot of libraries out there do this, but many libraries in Canada sell books for really cheap. Usually there is something wrong with them that prevents them from staying in circulation but basically it's just a used book. If you have no issue with that, then you're set. I am a really cheap person so I love this sort of stuff (or even better, when my high school library would give books away for free at the end of the year). My library sells all sorts of stuff - mainly in English and Chinese - from gardening to cooking to erotic novels depicts old Japanese society. Today I got 5 books for $4.50, which is awesome!! It's cheaper than at a used book store or clearance at Chapters (another section which I frequent). I am just so excited to read them and I thought I'd share.

 
Today I got: Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood (famous Canadian author) 
Diners, Drive-ins and Dives by Guy Fieri 
Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne 
Oscar Wilde and a Game Called Murder by Gyles Brandreth 
On the Road by Jacl Kerouac


And below are some others I have collected from over the years. All a buck or less :)

The Miracle at Speedy Motors by Alexander McCall Smith (a No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Novel)
Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende
The Girl Who Played Go by Shan Sa (I'm almost done reading it - soo good!)
More by Austin Clarke (another famous Canadian author)
Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton (published posthumously) 
Adam and Eve and Pinch Me by Julie Johnston (once more, Canadian)

Some of these books are/will be on my 50 book challenge and I am quite excited to get reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment