Thursday, June 23, 2011

LipDubs

As I am writing, my laptop is hooked up to my television because my mama and I just watched Shrek 4 (it was alright...). It's kind of cool to try and type without looking at my keyboard while watching a giant screen, which I am waaayyyy to close too. Anywho: lipdubs.

From wikipedia: A lip dub is a type of video that combines lip synching and audio dubbing to make a music video. It is made by filming individuals or a group of people lip synching while listening to a song or any recorded audio then dubbing over it in post editing with the original audio of the song

I was on Facebook when I saw an event that said Uof♥ Lipdub and I got really excited. Ever since seeing the video that UBC made last year, I have wanted to be a part of one. UBC's was pretty popular and was on Yahoo Canada (my source for all info (except FB of course)). As I was browsing the page, I noticed the regular interuniversitary dissing, claiming that Uof♥'s would be better than all others. It was then that I realized how many Canadian univeristies actually did this or were planning to.

 The UBC lipdub

People posted videos of two other universities in British Colombia that had already done a lip dub. There were posts to other Facebook groups as well, all from Ontario (because that's where I live). I have heard of at least 6 other schools who are planning on doing this. So far my uni seems to be the biggest, with over 5000 people signed up on FB and that number will probably grow. There's an executive committee who were interviewed for theire position and so many people are trying to get local artists and famous alumni to be in the video. UBC had Marianas Trench, a popular Canadian group, as well as an actor from a well known kids show and a So You Think You Can Dance Canada contestant. My uni wants to one up all that and we will. I have faith!! So I am very excited to see what each university plans to do in the fall and I can't wait to see all the videos which should be out before Christmas. It should be awesome!!!And naturally, Uof♥ will beat them all :D


University of Victoria: Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Bublé (♥♥♥Michael♥♥♥)
University of BC Okanagan: We Are Young by Mika (and other songs...)

Edit: I just found this site that has is called University LipDub that has videos from universities all over the world. It's pretty cool. Check it out!

♥ Turtles

note: Uof♥ is what I am referring to my university as, because I have not yet decided whether or not I want to tell the name. Plus, love is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment