Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Overwhelming

I never would have thought second year university to be overwhelming. But as I start this second week of school, I realize that indeed, it can be. This is only the sixth day of courses and there seems to be so much to do. I have six different courses and two tutorials this semester, - with only one in English (an environmental geography course of all things) - and all the reading everything is adding up. Not to mention that I want to spend time my friends who live in residence and elsewhere and do lots of the random stuff that my college puts on. And I can't forget the extracurriculars, many of which I have shown interest in but schedules just like to conflict with each. It seems like there is never enough time to do everything that needs to be done. I have barely spent any time at home the past few weeks and because my family all have random schedules, I feel like I will see even less of them.


At this point, I feel like all I can do is try to push through so my head doesn't explode. I can tell you that trying to read 100 pages of Spanish linguistics isn't a helluva lot of fun, considering I've really have no clue what I'm reading, but I guess it's gotta be done. That's what I've come to realize. You just gotta do what you gotta do - and the sooner the better.

Hopefully I can learn to manage time better and maybe add a job (-_-) on top of everything, because being broke isn't fun. I also want to keep up with blog posts. It's been a while, but I think doing something where I can be creativly free and is not in French or Spanish, will help keep me sane.

But on a less stressed note, I hope everyone's school year has been off to a great start :) Good luck!

Ain't my school pretty? But looks can be deceiving - it's hardcore...

2 comments:

  1. Your school is gorgeous. I'm applying to colleges now so I definitely know the feeling but your right, the only thing to do is push through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It has a lot of old buildings. Good luck with your college applications!!

    ReplyDelete