Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Painted Television? Why Not!


A while ago I decided that I wanted to paint my T.V., because I have this unfortunate habit of not leaving things as they are. My first step (about four months ago) was to tape up the TV with painter's tape. I have no artistic talent when it comes to painting so I usually just stick finger painting or abstract art becuase it sounds legit.

Before








I used basic acrylic paints and did multiple layers. Originally I had wanted to paint in bright or neon colours, but I never really thought about it before I started paint and didn't feel like heading out to the store. It looked like a retro 70s pattern before I took the tape off.

And volia!!

the left side
the top
the right side
If you look closely, you can see that a lot of the edges aren't straight, that some painted seeped underneath. Also, I used this really ugly neon orange that looked horrendous, so I painted grey over it. But the original orange is still visible. I'm happy with the way it turned out though. I'm probably going to seal it with a spray to make it glossy and clean the edges up, but it looks pretty good to me :)

2 comments: